Tidewell Hospice supports you in providing continuing care for your patients with life-limiting illness. Tidewell’s hospice program assists many physicians, patients and families with managing the pain and symptoms of their disease at home.
Research has shown that hospice care can:
- Reduce hospital days and emergency department visits.
- Lessen the chances of readmission to the hospital.
- Increase the ability of patients to cope with the illness.
- Increase family caregiver confidence and coping.
- Improve quality of life and help patients accomplish important goals
- Help patients live longer and more comfortably.
Patient Benefits of Early Referral
Studies show that most Americans prefer to receive end-of-life care at home. The earlier they are referred to hospice care the better their chances at remaining at home with their family. The families of hospice patients often indicate that they wish their loved one had been referred to hospice sooner. Hospice ensures patients and their families optimal quality of life.